Today we’re excited to shine the light on Piney Point Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and the brilliant team of doctors behind the practice.
You may be asking yourself, what IS Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, right? I had to look it up myself. The American Dental Association defines Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as follows:
A medical and dental specialty of surgery, which involves the diagnosis, surgery, and adjunctive treatment of diseases and defects involving both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial region.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMS) is, in fact, a dental specialty, and one that, in many ways, bridges the gap between medicine and dentistry. These Houston oral surgeons are the physicians of the mouth and jaws. Their scope of practice includes the surgical and non-surgical treatment of most diseases and abnormalities of the mouth, jaws, and face. This includes everything from removal of teeth to the treatment of facial trauma and jaw reconstruction procedures.
At Katy Moms Network, you know we like to recommend only the best. One look at their client reviews and ratings, it’s clear this is a team of true professionals we can trust. The oral surgeon team at Piney Point offer patients across Houston impeccable credentials, state-of-the-art dental technology and comprehensive oral surgery care in a comfortable environment focused on you.
Led by Dr. Steve L. Koo and Dr. Thomas M. Weil, their oral surgeons provide the finest oral and maxillofacial surgical services to Houston dental patients.
This team loves their patients and take their decision to utilize their services as the ultimate compliment, and they believe it is because they trust that Dr. Koo and Dr. Weil will incorporate their advanced oral surgery training, the latest, proven dental techniques, and state-of-the-art dental technology into every procedure.
Their commitment to offering the best stands true whether the oral surgeons are placing dental implants to rebuild smiles, offering cosmetic facial treatments to boost patients’ confidence, or performing wisdom teeth extractions to help young ones avoid oral health complications.
They offer a wide range of services:
- Removal of wisdom teeth and other dentoalveolar surgery
- Orthodontic related surgery for children and adults
- Orthognathic (jaw) surgery
- Osseointegrated Dental Implants and preprosthetic (denture) surgery
- Repair of soft and hard tissue facial trauma
- Diagnosis and treatment of cysts and tumors (pathology) of the mouth and jaws
- The management and treatment of TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders
- Endodontic microsurgery (apicoectomies)
- The treatment of serious head and neck infections
- The diagnosis and treatment of oral and maxillofacial diseases
- The diagnosis and treatment of facial pain
- General anesthesia and IV sedation
- Reconstruction following cancer surgery or trauma
- Repair of facial clefts and craniofacial defects
To ask for an appointment or to ask a question regarding these services or insurance, you can reach out to the team using the information below. You can call or fax us during the indicated business hours. You may also email them if you would prefer! They have two convenient Houston area locations, one in Houston and one in Katy!
Address: 2450 Fondren Rd., Ste 320
Houston, TX 77063
Phone: (832) 293-4912
Fax: (713) 783-3116
21800 Katy Fwy #160
Katy, TX 77449
Phone: (832) 476-4544