Featuring FYZICAL Cinco Ranch East & Therapists
I first told you about this new business last week with their grand opening event of their new, gorgeous facility! FYZICAL is a physical therapy franchise leading the charge to transform healthcare from one of “Sick Care” to Well Care. Now, this is something we can all get behind!
At FYZICAL Therapy and Balance Centers, their goal is to help you Love Your Life!
When your life is sidelined by an injury, dizziness, surgery, or a condition keeping you from doing what you love, they’re here to help you heal and feel your best. They take pride in their hands-on, personalized approach to patient care, with innovative programs and their commitment to helping you.
Thiet therapists are wonderful and have extensive knowledge and experience in orthopedic, sport, neurological, manual therapy, and balance therapy.
FYZICALs holistic approach allows their therapists to evaluate your whole body so that the root cause of your health challenges are uncovered. With this complete assessment, FYZICAL customizes a unique treatment plan just for you.
With over 430 independently owned and operated locations nationwide, FYZICAL offers the convenience and expertise of a national organization, and the friendly touch of your local community health expert.
We got to chat with the therapists from the new facility to chat all about what makes their business unique!
Tell us about your business and what makes you unique in the space of physical therapy?
- Ayo: We do a little bit of everything but specialize in balance deficits, dizziness, and vertigo. We really care about helping the patients as a whole person and are able to provide one on one therapy sessions. We have a team in the clinic that makes sure we have 24-48 hour turn around in scheduling. assistance with solving all insurance problems, and a FYZICIAN Liaison that works as an intermediate between the patient, the PT, and the Physicians.
- Adrienne: I specialize in pelvic floor; however, I have also treated orthopedic and balance disorders for the past 12 years. I bring in a little bit of everything to my treatment sessions… depending on what each patient needs.
- Andra: We specialize in balance therapy, and our incredible SoloStep Safety Overhead System allows our patients to be fully supported while completing their exercises. Our patients are always one-on-one with our therapists as well.
I love that your staff takes a holistic approach to each person- can you walk us through how you develop specific treatment plans?
- Ayo: The patients come in for an initial evaluation where the PT assesses the patients’ history, deficits, weakness, pain, etc., as a whole and comes up with a plan alongside with the Physician to restore functionality and return to prior level of functioning.
Tell us about your services and how you cater to patients?
- Andra: Our therapists work with a wide range of patients. Our services include orthopedic rehab, sports rehab, balance and vestibular therapy, chronic back pain, balance therapy, auto/work accidents, pelvic floor therapy, manual therapy, and neurological therapy. Our therapists will be adding more services throughout the year as well – be on the lookout for dry needling!
We love that you include pelvic floor PT as an offering! What’s the benefit of this to mamas and others?
- Adrienne: Unfortunately, incontinence issues, pelvic pain, and pelvic pressure are common occurrences…but they are not normal! I serve patients dealing with these issues with non-invasive techniques. I am also excited to serve our Katy area moms! As a mom of 4 myself, I know how physically and emotionally exhausting the postpartum period can be. Physical therapy in the postpartum period can ensure optimal healing of the pelvic floor and core muscles. We provide individualized programs for women based on their specific needs.
Favorite success story since opening your business?
- Ayo: My favorite success story here so far is a lady who came in wheelchair bound with a prosthetic leg and severe hip pain and was unable to stand however she had a goal to be able to walk with a cane. She has a few more weeks in therapy but she is already walking with a walker and consistently in no pain.
- Jeana: My favorite patient story so far has been a woman who is wheelchair bound, seeing her walk in the SoloStep! I can tell that he is gaining confidence and makes progress with every visit.
- Andra: I can’t pinpoint just one because we have seen so much success already with all our patients, and I love them all! I love that when they get here, they know they can be real with us and have fun at the same time!
Who is your ideal customer/patient?
- Ayo: Everyone, anyone in pain, anyone post-op, anyone suffering from dizziness, anyone who is falling, anyone that wants to improve their general functionality.
- Adrienne: Anyone dealing incontinence issues, pelvic pain, or pelvic pressure/heaviness.
- Andra: Anyone in pain – especially if they don’t know where to start/who to see first.
- Kelly: Our ideal client appreciates the efforts of our office and is committed to achieving their health goals.
Benefits of physical therapy vs. medications/chiro care, surgery, etc.?
- Adrienne: We love working with other disciplines to get our clients into optimal health. Good communication between providers is key to help our patients achieve their fullest potential.
What makes your business unique?
- Andra: We are locally owned, women run, and do what we do because we love people and care about quality of life. Our saying is “Love Your Life”, and we truly desire that for our patients.
- Kelly: We are a great team in sync with providing our clients’ exceptional care.
What’s the best part of what you do each day?
- Adrienne: Watching patients succeed and become confident performing skills that allow them to return to activities they enjoy.
- Jeana: Watching patients accomplish their goals and improve their quality of life!
- Andra: Meeting and seeing new providers and patients, and seeing our patients succeed and feel confident when they leave the clinic.
Biggest challenges you see in our traditional healthcare system today?
- Ayo: Dealing with insurances, coinsurances, copayments, deductibles, etc
- Jeana: Understanding the insurance world!
- Andra: Being in the field, it can be difficult to talk directly to the providers/physicians. My goal when I do get to meet with them is to let them know we are an extension of their care, and want what’s best for their patients.
- Kelly: Patients are unsure of coverages in their healthcare plans and insurance companies need to be more transparent. I am here to help our clients navigate these pitfalls.
What would you tell someone on the fence about PT?
- Ayo: Just come in for an initial evaluation! We promise we don’t bite!
- Adrienne: You do not have to deal with pain and dysfunction by yourself! We are here to help you reach your goals.
What’s your favorite part about practicing in the Katy community?
- Ayo: Grew up in Katy, went to High school in Katy. It feels awesome to plant, grow seeds, and give back in the city that helped grow me.
- Adrienne: Katy is an amazing place to raise a family. I’m excited to serve and support the mothers of our community as they transition into parenthood.
- Jeana: Katy is so diverse! We love every single patient we treat.
- Andra: I have had the chance to meet so many local business owners, and everyone is so kind. We all have the same goals in mind, too, like bettering our community through relationship building. I’m excited to work with local business owners with events we have planned for this year!
What makes your therapist and staff so unique?
- Ayo: “what Andra put”.. I would just add about our amazing FYZICIAN Liaison who works as the face of the company out in the community, at Doctors’ offices, hospitals, local gyms, etc., and works as an intermediate between the patients and the doctors when it comes to needing signatures, faxes, plan of cares.
- Andra: Dr. Ayo cares so deeply about her patients and is so intentional with each person she meets. Adrienne starts March 1, and she’s such a great fit to our team already! Jeana & Kelly are the friendly faces you see when you come into the clinic, and they will work hard to make sure you’re not having to do the insurance chasing. We take pride in making your visits here about your healing!
Future plans for your practice?
- Andra: We are currently looking at spaces out west for our second location – stay tuned!😊
Any special, sales, or deals our Katy Moms can look out for?
- Andra: If you mention this Wellness Wednesday post, we have a discount on Archies Footwear for you! Be on the lookout for a Moms Night Out event we will have in April (raffles, giveaways, and local businesses are joining in on the fun, too!)
Therapist Names & Website/Social Info:
- Ayo Fasalojo, PT, DPT
- Adrienne Chaddick, PT, DPT
- Andra Theriot FYZICIAN Liaison, Marketing Coordinator
- Jeana Gobar, Client Care Specialist
- Kelly Baggett, Client Care Specialist
Facebook Page: FYZICAL Cinco Ranch East
Ayo & Adrienne’s bios:
Ayomide Fasalojo, PT, DPT, Clinical Director, is a Katy, TX Native. She graduated from Morton Ranch High School in 2009 then ventured to Austin, TX. Initially, she wanted to go into the Pharmacy program, but after observing at a PT clinic close to campus, she fell in love with the profession. “I thought it was a great fit for my personality, hobbies and values,” she said. “I loved seeing people regain their functionality and independence. Sometimes you don’t know what you want until you see it.”
After graduating with a BS in Kinesiology – Exercise Science from UT Austin, she moved to Florida to attend Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University for graduate school and graduated in May 2016. She has worked in SNF (skilled nursing facilities), ALF (Assisted Living Facility), Home Health and Outpatient settings. Her daily duties involve evaluating, assessing, and initiating POCs (plan of cares) for hip, knee, shoulder, ankle, carpal tunnel, lumbar surgeries/injuries, fall prevention/education, and balance training.
“My job is to return individuals to their prior level of function and improve their quality of life, and my favorite part of my job is seeing patient progress,” Dr. Ayo said. “It’s so rewarding watching someone come in who couldn’t bend down to put their own shoes on able to do it in a matter of weeks.”
Outside of the clinic, you will find Dr. Ayo traveling, walking, and playing with her dog, Roxy, and brunching around town!
Adrienne Chaddick, PT, DPT grew up in Amarillo, Texas. She graduated from A&M Corpus Christi in 2005 and returned to Amarillo to obtain her doctorate in Physical Therapy in 2009. She is married to her high school sweetheart, Andrew, and they have 4 children and have lived in Katy since 2012. She is a certified nutritionist from Precision Nutrition and treats her patients holistically. She also treats orthopedics, balance, sports injuries, and specializes in pelvic floor therapy. Adrienne and her family love being active and exploring the outdoors!